Thursday, July 15, 2010

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14

Recently I bumped into the error HRESULT: 0x80040E14 when I was trying to save the item in list after new changes that I made in schema.
The log didn't show a reasonable explanation - the old error like this "Unexpected query execution failure, error code 8143. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. "Parameter '@nvarchar7' was supplied multiple times."  which supposed to mean that I have put in schema nonunique value in the param "ColName". This attribute serves to name the field on the sql table level. As I previously recommended - never never put this attribute in your schema - it will cost you pain, a lots of pain....
But anyway, that wasn't a case , I didn't see that attribute in my schema. When I looked at the SharePoint manager - I saw that it's true  - some fields has nonunique colname - Sharepoint by itself created thouse creepy value!!!
It turns out that additional attribute "ROWORDINAL"  causes the isssue.


As soon as I deleted it - it works perfectly!!

Microsoft is vert consice about this attribute:
RowOrdinal
Optional Integer. Specifies the database location for the field.