Friday, February 10, 2012

layouts/inplview.js? access is denied

[Question]:
layouts/inplview.js? access is denied


In SharePoint 2010 when I am trying to get a item menu by right clicking on the item I am having a javascript error:
layouts/inplview.js? access is denied
How can I fix it?


[Answer]:


I have resolved this error by correcting AAM (Alternate Access Mapping) records.


 My issue was that I have configured HTTPS between user and ISA, but set HTTP between ISA and the SharePoint server. ISA: How to redirect HTTP to HTTPS, How to set SSL Certificate


Such configuration is called "off-box SSL termination." But, I have setup AAM in incorrect way.


The correct AAM for "off-box SSL termination" is to use HTTP and HTTPS urls as Internal URLS for one default HTTPS Public URL(in case public and internal hostname are equal in ISA):






P.S. In case you haven't setup SSL certificate on the web server and you want to request site locally avoiding trip to ISA, add to local host file as an example perimiter.portal2010.local with IP of the server; and then add AAM for this hostname. It will do the trick.