Sharing the experience search

Search sharing-the-experience.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sync in app web not possible?

 referenced me (didn't help) to Sync button for Document Library created with custom list definition in order to resolve the issue I am having.
Here is an issue:

I need to have a library in SharePoint-hosted app that can be synced via OneDrive Sync Tool in SpOnline.
as of 4/29/2014, I can't make it happen:

The sharepoint-hosted app has a library. Once deployed (SPOnline), I see the instance. 
The sync button is disabled on the doc panel...
I have checked the  Sync button for Document Library created with custom list definition and did as prescribed, but the issue remains. 
Here what I did as the article said:
1. Checked the feature id that delivers the list and list instance:
FeatureId="7ea48d05-ba84-4553-b5ab-0d02118c86f4"

 2. Modified element.xml:

in the list template:
  • changed the type to 101;
  • added FeatureId="7ea48d05-ba84-4553-b5ab-0d02118c86f4";
  • changed DocumentTemplate to "10000".
in the list instance template:
  • changed the type to 101;
  • added FeatureId="7ea48d05-ba84-4553-b5ab-0d02118c86f4".



 After that, re-deployed to SharePoint Online:
The sync button is still disabled
If somebody knows solution, please help me out!
Thanks

P.S.
The same wsp from App deployed as a sandboxed solution on the same site collection does allow me to sync docs from the lib

P.S.S.
And here is almost official response: NO, APP WEB LIB WON'T SYNC


No comments:

Post a Comment