Sharing the experience search

Search sharing-the-experience.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When you run your web application from Studio.Net , if you see "page can not be displayed",

When you run your project inside visual studio 2008, Visual Studio hosts this application in ASP.NET development server (it is different than IIS). When you run your application, if you see "page can not be displayed"....

This problem has been killing me for a week!
And finally, I have found a wonderful article:

ASP.NET Development Server is not working with IPV6

In my case, I have looked at HOST file and notice a strange row:
10.10.11.67 localhost # Added by Office SharePoint Server Search (8/5/2009 12:09 PM).

I have put instead of it 127.0.0.1 as recommended in an article and it helped!

But as have noticed further, the server search overwrites it regularly

I have stopped Office SharePoint Server Search service bzs anyway there is no use of it on DEV machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment